Sunday, Aug 9, 2009, 1:35 PM EDT
?'s For The DC Faithful...
• Why Not Eight?
• Are We All Officially Worried About Jordan Zimmermann Now?
• Dukes Is Going To Play Today, Right?
• How Stressed Will You Be At This Time Next Week?
• Who Will Be The Hero Today?
DC Starting Lineup...
- Nyjer Morgan - CF
- The Guzzzzzz - SS
- THE KIDS CALL HIM ZIM!! - 3B
- The Big Opposite Field - 1B
- The Hammer - LF
- Elijah SSSSSUPER DUKESSSS - RF
- The Immortal Bard - C
- Alberto "The General" Gonzalez - SS
- J.D. Martin - Following The Leader...
Today's Starting Pitchers Are Going To Stare At You Now...
#60 / Pitcher / Washington Nationals
Jan 02, 1983
'09 Stats - (0-2, 7.14 ERA), 4 GS, 16.1 IP, 23 H, 13 ER, 4 HR, 5 BB, 7 K's, 1.71 WHIP, ERA+ = 60, 2.8 BB/9, 3.9 K/9, 1.40 K/BB, .329 BAA.
vs AZ - N/A
Origin Story - Origin Story - Cleveland Indians' 1st Round pick, 35th overall in 2001. 12/13/08 - Signed Minor League deal with Washington.
#48 / Pitcher / Arizona Diamondbacks
Nov 22, 1984
'09 Stats - (2-5, 5.81 ERA), 12 G, 11 GS, 57.1 IP, 61 H, 39 R, 37 ER, 12 HR, 23 BB, 48 K's, 1.47 WHIP, ERA+ = 83, 3.6 BB/9, 7.5 K/9, 2.09 BB/9, .272 BAA.
vs DC - (1-1, 7.36 ERA), 3 G, 2 GS, 11.0 IP, 18 H, 9 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 5 K's, 1.73 WHIP, .383 BAA.
Origin Story - 11/15/01 - Signed as Amateur Free Agent w/ NY Mets. 11/24/05 - Traded by the NY Mets to the Florida Marlins w/ IF Grant Psomas and 1B Mike Jacobs for 1B Carlos Delgado and $. 3/26/07 - Traded by Florida Marlins To Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Jorge Julio.
• Yusmeiro Petit is (2-0) in his last two starts and he enters Nationals Park with a streak of 14.0 scoreless innings on the line. In back to back D-Backs' wins over the Phils and Pirates in Petit's outings, the 24-year-old Arizona right-hander has walked 4, K'd 12 and allowed 5 hits. Before the two wins, Petit was (0-5) in 10 starts with the Diamondbacks 1-9 with him on the mound...Winless in 4 starts since being recalled from Triple-A Syracuse, DC's 26-year-old right-hander, J.D. Martin hasn't won a game since June 23rd, when he led the Chiefs to a 6-1 win over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees.
Tracking The Bad Zimmermann News...
"But before making an announcement about the Zimmermann's elbow, the Nationals are taking the MRI to Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., to determined what's wrong with Zimmermann's elbow..."
"Right-hander Jordan Zimmermann did not have his scheduled bullpen session on Friday because he continues to have tightness in his right elbow. He will have an MRI soon to determine the seriousness of the injury."
"Jordan Zimmermann did not pitch his scheduled bullpen session Friday because of elbow discomfort, prolonging the rookie pitcher's stay on the disabled list..."
"If you're Jordan Zimmermann, what's the last name you want to hear right now? Dr. James Andrews. Unfortunately for the Nationals' rookie right-hander, an MRI of his injured elbow has been sent to the noted orthopedist, who will look at it Monday and recommend a course of action for the club and its top young pitcher."
"The logical reason to send just the results to Andrews, and not Zimmermann himself for an evaluation, is to confirm their diagnosis that surgery is necessary, and Zimmermann will be lost for the rest of the season."
• For A D-Backs Fan's Opinion On The Upcoming Series, Check Out The SB Nation's Arizona Diamonbacks Blog:
• Check The NatCast If You're Heading To Nationals Park.
• The Washington Nationals are winners of seven straight, after a four-game losing streak, which was preceded by a four-game winning streak, so who knows what will happen...
Who's Watching The Nationals?