• After going 3 for 5 with 2 HR's and 4 RBI's this afternoon, Hanley Ramirez finishes the three-game weekend series with the visiting Washington Nationals 7 for 13, with 3 HR's, a double and 7 RBI's as the Marlins take two of three from the Nats at home in Sun Life Stadium. Ramirez's 3-run blast off Nats' left-hander John Lannan followed two quick innings in which all Lannan allowed was a two-out walk as Washington jumped out to a 2-0 lead on Marlins' right-hander Josh Johnson. A HBP to start the third and a one-out walk to Cameron Maybin were followed by an RBI single by Gaby Sanchez and the three-run HR by Ramirez, which made it 4-2 Fish after three. The Marlins get four-straight one-out hits off Lannan in the fifth, the last two back-to-back run-scoring doubles by Cody Ross and Brett Carroll, before Josh Johnson K's to end the frame with the Fish up 6-2. Lannan's day is done there: 5.0 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K's, 1 HR allowed and 88 pitches thrown, 53 for strikes...
• Miss The Game? The DC Faithful Suffered Through It...
• Nationals now 13-12.
• Game Notes And Full Game Report After The JUMP...
• Miguel Batista replaces Lannan and gives up Hanley Ramirez's second HR in the sixth. Brian Bruney throws a quick 1-2-3 seventh, then gives up a one-out walk, single and a two-run double to Mike Lamb, who's thrown out at third on the play. 9-3 Marlins. Bruney gives up a two-out single to Ramirez then back-to-back two-out walks forcing the Nats to bring Matt Capps out for the final out of the frame.
• Josh Johnson? A leadoff single and an errant throw on a pickoff attempt put Nyjer Morgan on third in the top of the first, but Josh Johnson retired the next three batters to strand Morgan at third. In the second, Johnson walked the first two batters he faced, then gave up an RBI double to Ian Desmond and an RBI groundout by Lannan to allow the only two runs the Nats scored. Johnson gave up a two-out walk to Adam Dunn in the third, but got the final out of the inning and retired the Nats in order in the fourth and fifth before a leadoff walk and a two-out double in the sixth interrupted Johnson momentarily from striking out the side. Johnson's Line: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 8 K's, 98 pitches, 62 for strikes. 11 K's total on the day for the Nats.
FULL GAME REPORT:
1 - Nyjer Morgan leads off with a single to right off Marlins' right-hander Josh Johnson on the first pitch he throws. Morgan's picked off first trying to steal second, and Josh Johnson throws it into center giving Morgan third. Adam Kennedy grounds out unproductively to first. Ryan Zimmerman lines out there. Two down, Morgan still on third. Adam Dunn K's to strand Morgan on third...Nats' lefty John Lannan gets a weak grounder from Cameron Maybin that dies in front of the plate, Wil Nieves handles it, one down. Nyjer Morgan's back on the track as the crowd sighs and watches Gaby Sanchez's fly ball fall into Morgan's glove. Hanley Ramirez grounds a 2-1 pitch from Lannan to second to end the first.
2 - Josh Willingham and Willie Harris take back-to-back walks to start the second. Ian Desmond follows with a low liner to left and to the wall, Willingham scores, Harris to third, 1-0 Nats on the double. Wil Nieves grounds back to Johnson. One down. John Lannan slices a one-hopper to short to score Harris from third. 2-0 Nationals. Nyjer Morgan grounds to second to end the Nats' half of the inning...Jorge Cantu pops out behind first, Adam Kennedy gets there to make the play. Dan Uggla grounds to third for the second out of the frame. Two-out walk to Ronny Paulino in front of Cody Ross. Ross grounds to third, Zim throws to second, 2-0 Nats after two.
3 - Adam Kennedy grounds weakly to first to start the third. Ryan Zimmerman tests Jorge Cantu, who backhands and throws to first, in time. Adam Dunn works the count full and walks. Josh Willingham flies to right, Cody Ross starts back and has to charge and dive in to make the catch, 2-0 Nats in the third...John Lannan hits Brett Carroll to put the leadoff man on. Josh Johnson pops a bunt foul toward third, Zimmerman, coming in, darts over to grab it. One down. John Lannan walks Cameron Maybin and a single up the middle by Gaby Sanchez scores the first walk and moves the second BB to third. Hanley Ramirez takes Lannan deeeep to center and over a leaping Nyjer Morgan, 3-run HR, 4-2 Marlins. Jorge Cantu grounds out to third. Two down. Uggla singles to center to bring up Paulino. Two-out double by Paulino and it's second and third for Cody Ross. Lannan goes 3-0 to Ross, then throws a fourth intentional ball. Brett Carroll lines out to right, 4-2 after three.
4 - Willie Harris and Ian Desmond both K swinging and Josh Johnson's quick fourth is over when Wil Nieves lines out to short...Josh Johnson flies out to left. One down in the Marlins' fourth. Cameron Maybin K's swinging for the second out of the fourth. Gaby Sanchez doubles to right center with two down. Hanley Ramirez pops out behind first, Adam Kennedy gets it again. 4-2 Fish after four.
5 - John Lannan down swinging to start the fifth. Nyjer Morgan flies to Brett Carroll in left. Adam Kennedy swings over a 1-2 change that drops outside. 4-2 Marlins in the fifth...Nyjer Morgan gets a bad read on Jorge Cantu's line drive to center but makes the grab. One down. Dan Uggla with a single to center with one down. Ronny Paulino singles to center, Uggla to third, but Paulino's caught in a rundown trying for second. Two outs. Cody Ross doubles in Uggla, 5-2 Fish. Brett Carroll doubles Ross in, 6-2 Marlins. Lannan gets Josh Johnson looking to end the fifth.
6 - Ryan Zimmerman takes three, takes a 3-0 pitch for a strike, fouls one off and then walks on a high fastball upstairs from Johnson. Adam Dunn takes an 0-2 fastball outside for a called strike three. Josh Willingham K's swinging. Two down. Willie Harris lines to left center for a two-out double, Zimmerman to third. Ian Desmond strands two when he K's...Miguel Batista replaces Lannan and get two quick outs from Maybin, who flies out, and Gaby Sanchez, who grounds to short, but it's Hanley Ramirez again in the sixth, deeeeep to left on a slider, and GONE! HR, solo shot. 7-3 Marlins. Batista gets a groundout from Jorge Cantu to short to end the inning.
7 - Right-hander Burke Badenhop takes over on the mound for Josh Johnson. Wil Nieves K's chasing an 0-2 slider. Roger Bernadina grounds to second, two down. Nyjer Morgan flies out to center. 7-3 in the seventh...Dan Uggla grounds out to Ian Desmond to start the Marlins' seventh. Ronny Paulino K's looking as Brian Bruney gets two quick outs. Cody Ross takes strike three. 7-3 Marlins after seven.
8 - Adam Kennedy lines out to Brett Carroll. One down for Badenhop. Ryan Zimmerman doubles to center and scores on Adam Dunn's single into the right field grass. 7-3 Marlins. Josh Willingham K's and Burke Badenhop's replaced by Hunter Jones. Justin Maxwell walks, and Jones is out. Chris Leroux on to face Ian Desmond. Desmond K's swinging and it's 7-3 Fish in the eighth...Brian Bruney's back out for the eighth. Leadoff walk to Brett Carroll. Wes Helms K's swinging for the first out of the eighth. Cameron Maybin singles to move Carroll to third, and Mike Lamb knocks them both in with a double, 9-3 Marlins and Lamb's thrown out at third. One down. Hanley Ramirez singles, Cantu walks, Uggla walks, bases loaded, Bruney done. Matt Capps on with two outs, bases loaded. Ronny Paulino grounds out to end the threat.
9 - Leo Nunez on for Florida. Wil Nieves lines out to first. Roger Bernadina grounds out to first. Cristian Guzman doubles in a pinch hit appearance, but Adam Kennedy's fly ball out to center ends it, mercifully. 9-3 Marlins.
Nationals now 13-12.