Tough outings: Ross Detwiler (-36.1%) gives up 4 ER (5 R) over 5 IP with 3 Ks and a walk. Henry Rodriguez (-12.6%) gets only one out in the 9th, walking the bases loaded and earning a meltdown.
- Clutch (which doesn't exist): Ian Desmond (+32.6%) is 3-5 with a 2-run double for the lead in the 7th (+23.8%).
- Unstoppable shutdown machines: Craig Stammen (+13.8%) throws perfects 6th & 7th innings with 3 Ks, while Tyler Clippard (+11.2%) follows with a perfect 8th with 1 K.
- Feared: Ryan Zimmerman (+17.1%) is 1-2 with a (temporary) go-ahead RBI and 3 walks.
CHOMP! Roger Bernadina (+24.1%) is 2-3, scoring on a snap-throw to 3rd that goes wild (+8.7%).
- Everyone with a new haircut, hit a solo shot: Bryce Harper (-6.7%) goes yard for the first time to pad the early lead (+8.4%), while Chad Tracy (+7.5%) and Xavier Nady (+0.4%) do so to pad the later lead (+7.5% and +3.4%, respectively).
- Extra jaunty! Sean Burnett (+15.3%) defuses Henry's jam with a weak comebacker for a 1-2-3 double play to end the game.