Tonight's game story: Nats lose 2-1 in 11.
- Almost perfect isn't enough: Edwin Jackson (+33.8%) throws a heck of a game, striking out 8 and only giving up 1 walk and 1 ER over 8 IP. Yeah, for a no-decision.
- Shutdowns: Tyler Clippard and Sean Burnett keep it tied in the 9th and 10th, picking up +12.3% WPA each.
- Hero/goat: Ian Desmond (-7.8%) hits a game-tying solo shot in the 6th (+20.2%) and a rally-destroying GDP in the 11th (-26.9%).
- Look at all these places clutch doesn't exist: Adam LaRoche (-26.5%), Jesus Flores (-22.6%) and Rick Ankiel (-22.2%) each manage to have 3 LOB.
- And your WPA winner on offense: Steve Lombardozzi (+13.2%) leads Nats' hitters on WPA, thanks to a leadoff, pinch-hit HBP in the 11th. Don't get me started on the circus baserunning.
- D'oh! I actually manged to forget that Ryan Mattheus (-32.4%) gave up the go-behind HR in the 11th.
(Edited to add Mattheus because I totally forgot. Booze really heals!)