- Unfamiliar territory: Jordan Zimmermann (+12.9%) gives up 1 ER over 7 IP, despite walking 3 and only striking out 1.
- New phenom? Tyler Moore (+16.5%) is 3-5 with a double and a two-run homer to put the Nats up by 3 in the 2nd (+14.8%).
- Old phenom: Ryan Zimmerman (+7.3%) is 2-4 with a walk, a double, and a solo shot.
- The WE ran out fast: Ian Desmond (+1.4%) is 2-5 with a dinger. Jhonatan Solano (+4.1%) is 2-4 with 3 RBI. Danny Espinosa (+3.2%) hit an RBI single while there was still WE to be had (+5.9%).
- Irrelevant: Chien-Ming Wang (-0.0%) and Michael Gonzalez (-0.3%) give up 4 ER in relief to no great WPA.