Game 86: You walked a guy to get to Strasburg?

Today's game story: Nats shut out Fish 4-0.

Chart_medium

Via FanGraphs

  • Tightrope-walking renaissance man: Stephen Strasburg (+29.7% pitching, +17.5% hitting) pitches in and out of jams, allowing 7 baserunners but no runs over 6 IP with 1 walk and 7 Ks. He goes 1-1 at the plate with a walk and an RBI single for the lead (+16.2%).
  • Other hitters: Steve Lombardozzi (+6.9%) is 2-4 with an RBI to extend the Nats' lead to 2 (+11.3%). Michael Morse (+6.7%) is also 2-4 with an RBI to put the Nats up by 3 (+5.9%).
  • Way too interesting: Tyler Clippard (+1.4%) tiny WPA total belies loading the bases with no outs (-15.3%) before getting three quick outs (+16.7%), including a near-clown play for out #3.
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Federal Baseball

You must be a member of Federal Baseball to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Federal Baseball. You should read them.

Join Federal Baseball

You must be a member of Federal Baseball to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Federal Baseball. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker