Tonight's game story: Nats come back from 5-1 to walk off.
- Infinite dinkerz: Ross Detwiler (-16.2%) gives up 11 bloops, rollers, and seeing-eye singles in 5 IP, along with 3 BBs and 5 Ks, somehow limiting the damage to 3 ER.
- Shaky: Craig Stammen (-9.5%) has a rare meltdown, giving up 2 ER in 2 IP in relief to (seemingly) put the game out of reach.
- Thunder in the MI: Ian Desmond (+6.7%) and Danny Espinosa (+6.5%) hit back-to-back jacks in the 7th to get the Nats within 2 (+4.0% and +7.4%, respectively).
- Rookies are clutch*: Bryce Harper (+39.2%) doubles in a run in the 7th to get the Nats within one (+16.8%). Tyler Moore (+24.3%) leads off the 9th with a double (+24.3%), and Steve Lombardozzi follows up with a sac bunt+error to put runners corners with no outs (+22.5%). Harper comes through with a single to tie it (+28.9%).
- The spirit of The Pebble lives on: Adam LaRoche (+23.4%) hits a tailor-made DP grounder to end the 9th and keep it tied, but the throw on the turn is low and it turns into a walkoff groundout (+17.3%).
*Or they would be if "clutch" existed.