Today's game story: Nats blow it in embarrassing fashion.
- Robbed. Again. Jordan Zimmermann (+29.2%) has 2 Ks and 2 BBs but still dominates over 7 IP, allowing only 1 ER--only to have the team let him down.
- Choke #1: Sean Burnett (-42.9%) has a rare meltdown, giving up a HR (-11.5%) and consecutive singles (-8.9%, -22.5%) to put runners on the corners without recording an out.
- Keep it close, sorta: Michael Gonzalez (+14.5%) gets a shutdown by striking out the side to clean up after Burnett, although he allows the game-tying run on a WP first (-9.1%).
- Choke #2: Tyler Clippard (-32.4%) has a rare meltdown, too, giving up a double (-17.4%) and eventually allowing the go-behind run... on a WP (-16.0%).
Glimmers of hope: Ian Desmond (+33.9%) keeps doing it all, going 2-4 with a 2-run, go-ahead dinger (+20.4%), a leadoff single in the 9th (+13.2%) and 2 SB, including half of a 9th-inning double steal (+7.0%). He also fields well.
- Choke #3: Tyler Moore (-13.0%) has a pinch-hit K with runners 1st/2nd in the bottom of the 9th, while Jesus Flores (-22.8%) fans to end the game with runners 2nd/3rd.