- This time the DEFENSE let him down: Jordan Zimmermann (-40.1%) gives up 5 R (3 ER) in 5 IP, with 3 Ks and 1 BB.
- Be meaner to RobBob: Adam LaRoche (+25.3%) is 2-4 with a pair of solo shots, each one getting the Nats within one (+11.0% in the 2nd, +14.1% in the 6th), plus a crucial rally-starting ROE in the 8th.
- Veterans with hits: Michael Morse (+4.2%) is 1-3 with a game-tying RBI single (+13.4%). Ryan Zimmerman (+10.4%) is 2-3 with a walk and a RBI single to set up Morse's game-tier (+11.0%).
- Rookies with hits: Steve Lombardozzi (-0.6%) singles in a run with 2 down in the 8th to get the Nats within one (+12.3%). Tyler Moore singles in another run right after to tie it (+34.0%). Bryce Harper's (-8.9%) monster upper-deck solo shot barely registers (+1.5%).
- Debt incurred, repaid: Danny Espinosa's (+33.1%) WPA doesn't reflect his two errors, which end up costing the Nats 3 runs, but it does count his go-ahead, two-out, 3-run bomb over the visiting bullpen in the 8th (+37.1%).