Tonight's game story: Nats take advantage of errors to win.
- Short: Edwin Jackson (+10.9%) gives up a first-inning solo shot (-10.1%), but gets through 5.1 IP with 8 Ks, 2 BBs, and 2 ER in total.
- Right guy + right place: Adam LaRoche (+6.9%) hits game-tying RBI single in the 4th (+11.5%), while Ryan Zimmerman (+9.5%) bounces a go-ahead, two-RBI single in the 5th (+8.5%).
- Not so helpful: Tom Gorzelanny (-10.8%) lets EJax's runner score, then follows with one of his own, shrinking the Nats' lead to 1 run over 2 outs of meltdown relief work.
- Helpful: Ryan Mattheus (+10.9%) gets a shutdown with a 1-2-3 7th inning to hold the lead.
- Somehow more shutdown than meltdown: Drew Storen (+11.3%) walks two to load the bases in the 8th before getting a fly ball to end the inning with the lead intact, recording a typically harrowing shutdown.
- Almost entirely meltdown: Tyler Clippard (-29.7%) does this in the ninth: K (+8.9%), HBP (-9.8%), BB (-12.6%), double for the tying run (-50.8%), K (+20.9%), K (+13.6%).
- Welcome to the Nats: Kurt Suzuki (+27.9%) bunts into an exploding calliope of circus music to "triple" in the go-ahead run (+33.1%).
- Almost entirely shutdown: Craig Stammen (+34.1%) squeaks through 2 scoreless in extras to save it.