The #Nats have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, avoiding arbitration with RHP Ross Ohlendorf.— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) December 3, 2013
A veteran of seven MLB seasons, Ohlendorf, 31, signed a one-year minor league contract with the Nats last winter. An Arizona Diamondbacks' '04 4th Round pick, Ohlendorf started the 2013 campaign at Triple-A Syracuse in the Nationals' system, but he was called up to the majors to make his debut with Washington in mid-June.
The 6'4'' right-hander had a 4.22 ERA, 3.49 FIP, 30 walks (3.62 BB/9) and 71 Ks (8.56 K/9) in 14 games, 13 starts and 74 2/3 IP at Triple-A. In 16 games and seven starts for the Nationals, Ohlendorf was (4-1) with a 3.28 ERA, 4.03 FIP, 14 walks (2.09 BB/9) and 45 Ks (6.71 K/9) in 60 1/3 IP.
Source: #Nationals re-sign Ohlendorf for one year, $1.25M - guaranteed, plus incentives.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2013
Ohlendorf gives the Nationals starting depth and another option out of the bullpen.
The right-hander was one of eight arbitration-eligible Nats this winter and the only one whose return to Washington was really a question.
- Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers For Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Krol And Robbie Ray: Reactions
- Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers For Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Krol And Robbie Ray
- Nationals Sign RHP Manny Delcarmen To A Minor League Deal
- Nationals Have Eight Arbitration-Eligible Players, One Real Decision
- The Starting Nine: Nationals Links; Nats At Non-Tender Deadline