In case you missed the first of these posts last week, we are planning on running an official Federal Baseball Fantasy League at Yahoo!Sports.com this year which we'll follow and update everyone on throughout the season. We know that we've/you've had leagues amongst your fellow FBb readers and our friend Jorgath has already put up an intial inquiry in the FanPosts. As we mentioned in the last post, we thought that rather than set one league up ourselves and dictate the rules, settings, draft date, etc., we'd open the discussion up here in the comments section so that we could agree on the rules and settings for our official league and see if anyone wants to manage the leagues and get together with others here to set up as many as necessary to accomodate all those who'd like to take part. A lot of people expressed interest in the first post and your names are all on a list. We may need more than one league to accomodate everyone. What we need now are managers. Anyone want to volunteer? If not, we, meaning I, really, will set up 1-2 leagues with the rules we agree upon in the next few weeks so we can get a draft date/time set before the season starts.
If you didn't speak up in the comments section of the last post, now is your chance. In the next day or two, I'll compile a list of everyone who's expressed interest and we'll go about setting up leagues and agreeing on the rules for each. Wanna show everyone you're the smartest of all the smart guys on the internet? Speak up and sign up in the comments section below. We'll keep this post toward the top of the page for the next few days and then hash things out in the next week or two.
Below you'll find Yahoo!Sports.com's talking points about what their 2013 MLB Fantasy Leagues offer. Let us know below if you want to take part this season and we'll organize amongst ourselves...
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available, all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday's 8–10pm EST
- Don't miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Note: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.