Charlie and Dave just announced: #rendonisready!
Zimmerman to 15-day DL, Rendon called up from AA, will start at 3B.
Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Epic-est meltdown yet: Gio Gonzalez (-44.2%) cruises through 3, then coughs up 5 ER to put the Nats down by 2 in the 4th, thanks (in part) to 3 walks--after getting two outs and erasing a leadoff triple! He has 5 Ks, 4 BBs, 5 ER on the day.
- Futile dingers: Ian Desmond (+7.7%) cranks a first-pitch solo shot to start the second for early lead (+11.4%). Bryce Harper (+48.6%) tacks on with a two-run bomb in the third (+16.1%).
- Slow starter: Adam LaRoche (+36.1%) cranks a three-run jack in the 5th to take back the lead, getting Gio off the hook (+37.0%).
- Pretty heroic: Craig Stammen (+15.5%) throws two scoreless with 5 Ks to hold the one-run lead.
- Pretty fail: Ryan Mattheus (-22.5%) gets two outs into the 7th before giving up a game-tying double (-27.98%... I know, Desi had a chance at the plate if he gets the relay cleanly, but it was hard hit).
- Back to heroism: Harper cranks an 8th-inning, no-doubt solo shot to get the Nats back the lead (+26.5%).
- Shutdown: Tyler Clippard (+19.4%) gets the last out in the 7th and holds the lead in the aeyth, with help from the WereWerth's nifty sliding grab on a sinking liner to RF.
GoatSavior: Rafael Soriano (+18.0%) flirts with disaster, going to three-ball counts three times and walking a batter, but ends up going home alone with the save, instead.