(Yeah, it cuts off part way through the 9th... I think Jim Joyce's terrible strike zone crashed Fangraphs.)
Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- P2K > P2C: Stephen Strasburg (-10.0% pitching, +3.1% hitting) strikes out 7 and walks 1 over 7 IP, giving up 3 ER in a bloop-filled first. He also singles to start a 6th-inning rally, eventually scoring the Nats' first run.
- Rally? No: Jhonatan Solano (-0.7%) singles to put runners corners in the 7th, Nats down by 2 (+10.5%). Steve Lombardozzi (-10.8%) swings through ball 4 to start a strike 'em out (-10.8%), throw 'em out (-8.0%) DP, ending the inning.
- Jobbed: Drew Storen (-4.9%) gives up an ER in the aeyth after opposing hitters keep getting extra chances (see below).
- Weak up the middle: Ian Desmond (-10.3%) and Danny Espinosa (-9.0%) are a combined 1-7 with 5 LOB.
Jim Joyce is bad at umpiring.
via www.brooksbaseball.net (Click to embiggen)
- Green squares in the middle of the zone? Check!
- No green triangles in the middle of the zone? Check!
- Lots of red triangles outside the zone? Check!
- Only a couple red squares outside the zone, and not by as much? Check!
Use the same strike zone for both teams, you blind [donkey][aperture]!