- I don't know what you're pitching to: Gio Gonzalez (+13.7%) struggles through 5 IP with 7 Ks, 2 BBs and 1 ER--on a balk.
- Go ahead: Ian Desmond (+14.3%) is 2-4, clubbing a 5th-inning solo shot (+15.4%) to put the Nats in the lead.
- Werewolves of Half Street: Jayson Werth (+18.3%) blasts a two-run bomb in the 6th (+18.9%) to puts the Nats up by 3.
- Off the schneid, and how! Adam LaRoche (+8.6%) busts his o-fer-the-season with a two-run jack in the 6th, followed by a solo shot in the 8th for the winning run (+3.4%).
- I don't feel relieved: Craig Stammen (-10.1%) vultures a win but gives up a run in relief. Tyler Clippard (-15.1%) gives up a three-run homer (-17.2%), but holds the lead. Rafael Soriano (+2.9%) gives up a two-run homer in the 9th (only -2.3%? if you say so, WPA graph...), but gets the save.
- Also pr0: Denard Span (+13.2%) continues to be my fave, going 2-3 with a walk.
- Shutdown: Drew Storen (+6.8%) throws a clean 8th, one of two (I think) 1-2-3 innings for the Nats all night.
Bonus Graph! Phil Cuzzi needs LASIK:
Via Brooks Baseball. (Click to embiggen.)
Gee, look at all the green squares in the strike zone. I could see he wasn't giving Gio the outside corner from the upper deck! Pick a strike zone, Blue, just one strike zone!