Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Spasms: Ross Detwiler (-12.6%) only goes 3 IP, giving up 2 ER. Maybe it was the back trouble, but 6 hits, 2 walks and no Ks is not a recipe for pitching success.
- Relief: Craig Stammen (+11.6%) keeps it close, with 3 scoreless after Det comes out, striking out 3 and walking none. Now that's a successful approach!
Resurgent: Ryan Zimmerman (+19.6%) singles to put runners corners with no outs in the aeyth, Nats down by 1 (+23.2%).
- Somewhat resurgent: Adam LaRoche (-7.6%) jacks a solo bomb to right center to get the Nats on the board in the 4th (+11.4%), but he flies out too shallowly for a sacrifice with runners corners in the aeyth (-14.4%).
- Only briefly resurgent: Wilson Ramos (+4.1%) is 2-2 with a double before reinjuring his hamstring. Just writing it makes me sad all over again.
- Desurgent (is that a word?): Ian Desmond (-18.2%) is 0-3 with a walk and a strikeout in that runners-corner chance in the aeyth (-16.9%). Kurt Suzuki (-10.3%) is 1-2, but flies out to end the 8th-inning rally for good (-14.8%).
- Also of (unpleasant) note: Drew Storen (-5.7%) walks two and gives up an ER in the 8th. Danny (-7.3%) Espinosa singles to lead off the 9th (+7.0%), but has 4 LOB earlier in the game.