Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not perfect enough: Gio Gonzalez (+29.6%) gives up 1 ER in 7 IP, striking out 7 and walking only 1. It's not good enough.
- Early hope: Ian Desmond (-6.5%) ties the game on a 4th inning RBI single (+11.6%).
- Steady work: The Nats get shutdowns in the ayeth and 9th from Drew Storen (+10.2%) and Fernando Abad (+13.0%), respectively.
- Rally time: Adam LaRoche (+17.3%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the 9th (+24.0%).
- Clown car of FAIL: With runners 2nd/3rd in the 9th and a tie game, Desmond strikes out (-10.1%), Roger Bernadina (-29.3%) hits into an FC with the out at home (-21.7%), and Danny Espinosa (-21.4%) flies out (-13.3%).
- Almost anticlimactic: Henry Rodriguez (-37.0%) gets one out in the 10th before giving up the losing run on a two walks and a hit.