Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Serviceable: Ross Detwiler (-18.8%) is meh, going 5 IP with 2 ER (3R) on 4 Ks and 2 BBs (what is up with Nats' starters getting 4 Ks and 2 BBs lately?). Almost quality, and it ended up being enough.
- Stop trying to prove "clutch" exists: Ian Desmond (+33.7%) challenges my statistical assumptions by going 2-4 with a game-tying, two-out solo blast in the 5th (+15.7%) and a go-ahead RBI double in the 9th (+22.1%).
- I'm the one owed an apology, here: Adam LaRoche (-18.1%) is 0-4 with 3 Ks and 2 LOB.
- AROOOO: Jayson Werth (+9.6%) fans 3 times, but hits a 9th-inning, lead-off double to set up the go-ahead run (+17.4%).
- The kids call him ZIM: Ryan Zimmerman (+41.1%) is 2-4 with a bases-clearing, game-tying, three-run, two-out double in the majik aeyth (+37.4%).
- The return of Clip 'n' Store: Tyler Clippard (+9.9%) earns a win and a shutdown with a scoreless aeyth, while Drew Storen (+7.8%) racks up a save and shutdown with a scoreless 9th.
- Of note, but not WPA-wise: Denard Span (+1.7%) is 2-4 with a double and a triple. Anthony Rendon (-4.5%) is 0-3 but walks to load the bases in front of Zim's big double.