Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Typical: Jordan Zimmermann (+10.6%) goes 8 IP with 4 Ks and 1BB, allowing two runs for a no decision. Both runs are unearned, the runners coming on a bad feed (ruled a hit) and an errant throw--both by ALR.
- Again with the drama: Ian Desmond (+17.5%) is 2-4 with a second inning solo shot to put the Nats up early (+11.7%), an inning-ending, bases-loaded groundout to leave the Nats down 1 in the 6th (-12.9%), and a 9th-inning double to put the winning run on third (+22.0%).
- Pff. Not even a walkoff: Ryan Zimmerman (+28.7%) doubles to lead off the 9th (+24.3%), advancing the 3rd on a WP (+14.6%).
- Apology? I have no recollection of that: Adam LaRoche (+14.9%) is 1-3 with a walk and a 9th-inning RBI single to tie the game (+12.9%).
- Afterthought: WPA doesn't know the Nats, treating victory in a tie game with bases loaded and no outs as such a foregone conclusion that Steve Lombardozzi (+4.2%) only gets +6.5% WPA for his walkoff sac fly.