Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Inefficient: Jordan Zimmermann (+9.8%) only makes it thorugh 5.1 IP with 3 ER on 4 Ks and 1 BB.
- Try harder if you want an apology: Adam LaRoche (+1.9%) hits a solo shot in 4th to put the Nats up by 2 (+10.5%), although he lined into a DP in the 2nd (-7.6%).
- King of unearned WPA: Denard Span (+19.7%) is 2-3 with a walk, but gets the WPA credit for two runners advancing on a WP in the 7th (+11.4%).
- UR doin it rong: Ross Ohlendorf (-30.8%) defuses J-Z's two-on jam in the 6th by giving up a go-behind, 3-run dinger (-38.6%).
- I'm ready to play: Bryce Harper (+19.4%) is 1-2 with an RBI walk for the lead in the 3rd (+11.7%), an RBI single in the 5th (+6.4%) and a game-tying RBI sac fly in the 7th (+2.3%).
- Who's Mr. Walkoff? Ryan Zimmerman (+12.2%) is 2-4 with a go-ahead RBI single in the 7th (+19.8%).
- #NoDrama: Drew Storen (+11.5%) throws 5 pitches for his shutdown in the aeyth, with a one-pitch popout, one-pitch line out, and three-pitch strikeout.
- #Drama: Rafael Soriano (+15.2%) makes us sweat, giving up 2 hits and getting runners 2nd/3rd in the the 9th before notching the save.