Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- BABIP'd: Dan Haren (-3.8%) goes 5 IP with 7 Ks and 3 BBs, only giving up 2 ER despite of hail of bloops, bad bounces, and bad throws. Okay, he walked in one of the runs, true, but his was not the greatest FAIL tonight.
- Not technically a meltdown: Fernando Abad (-4.9%) loses some luster by giving up what turned out to be the losing run on a two-out RBI hit in the 6th (-6.8%).
- Needz more men on: Ryan Zimmerman (+6.4%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in a dramatic 9th-inning comeback attempt.
- Missed it by THAT much: Jayson Werth (-4.8%) makes a bid to tie it in the 9th, but ends up with a not-game-tying sac fly (-7.5%).
- Speaking of unhelpful: Adam LaRoche (-14.8%) is the worst, albeit not atypical, example of tonight's offensive futility, going 0-3 with 3 LOB and a rally-killing sac fly in the 9th (-5.7%).