Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Robbed: Taylor Jordan (+2.0%) only makes it through 5.1 IP, getting tagged for 4 ER on 2 Ks and 2 walks, half of the ER being inherited. Enjoy your one ML win, kid!
- Why isn't anyone noticing this? Jayson Werth (+10.1%) is 2-3 with a HBP, for third place in Nats WPA tonight.
- Competition = good: Kurt Suzuki (+11.1%) uses his extra rest to get a 2-RBI single in the 1st for the early lead (+14.1%), while Steve Lombardozzi (+9.9%) is 2-3 with a double.
- A bad outing (see what I did there?): Fernando Abad (-43.0%) allows 2 inherited runners to score, plus two of his own, to put the Nats behind for good.
- Another meltdown: Craig Stammen (-9.8%) lets in another ER on a squeeze play, because a two-run deficit isn't interesting enough.
- Unhelpful: Denard Span (-14.3%) is 0-5 with 4 LOB, while Ian Desmond (-13.6%) is 0-3 with a HBP and two GDPs.
- Stat padderz: Adam LaRoche (-5.3%) hits a 5th-inning solo shot when it was meaningless pile-on, but it isn't enough to stave of the later collapse. Anthony Rendon has a double-switched solo shot to not put the Nats ahead in the 7th (+12.2%). Stop junk-timing!