Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Overshadowed: Dan Haren (+19.2%) dances in and out of trouble, striking out 4, walking 2, and giving up only 1 ER in 6 IP.
- Illusory: Jayson Werth (+9.0%) doubles in a run in the 1st (+13.4%), the first of three the Nats would score that inning, which looked like it might be enough.
- Meltdown: Tyler Clippard (-47.5%) can't hold in the aeyth, giving up a two-run shot just over the #Natitude sign to put the Nats behind (-49.3%).
- Ralliers: Adam LaRoche (+14.7%) walks to lead off the bottom of the 9th (8.8%). Wilson Ramos (+13.4%) follows with a single (+14.0%), then Anthony Rendon (+13.2%) walks to load 'em up with no outs.
- Walkoff: Denard Span (+51.4%), in no need of another hit after extending his streak to 27 games, croquets a ball right between an infielder's legs to score two and win the game (+47.2%).
And, yes, I took a look a Tichenor's strike zone plot. He had a few bad calls, but mostly it was just a tight zone today. The pitch Zim got all worked up about looked to have been borderline, but a strike.