Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Defense-dependent pitching: Ross Ohlendorf (-23.3%) doesn't miss many bats, giving up 4 ER over 5 IP with no walks and no strikeouts.
- Chipping away: Tyler Moore (+6.2%), Scott Hairston (+9.0%), and Wilson Ramos (+5.6%) are all 2-4.
- Meltdown: Ian Krol (-7.3%) only gets two outs in the 7th before giving up a run to put the Nats down by 3.
- Majik aeyth: Denard Span (+12.2%) gets a pinch-hit single to put two on. Ryan Zimmerman (+34.0%) caps off a 3-5 night by singling in the tying run (+30.0%), later coming around from first to score the go-ahead run on a Jayson Werth (+22.9%) two-out, RBI double (+32.1%).
- Pitch it: Rafael Soriano (+15.2%) has a 1-2-3 9th for the save and a shutdown.