Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Inefficient: Stephen Strasburg (+21.3%) gives 0 ER (1R) over 6 IP with 10 Ks and 2 walks. Enjoy your no-decision!
- Jinxer: Ryan Zimmerman (+1.6%) hits a first-inning solo shot for the early lead (+10.7%).
- Balky: Bryce Harper (+11.9%) overcomes his malfunctioning leg servos by going 1-3 with a bases-loading, aeyth-inning walk (+11.4%).
- Shutdown: Drew Storen (+8.5%) walks one but has a scoreless 7th.
- Unapologetic: Adam LaRoche (+15.3%) is 1-4 with a 9th-inning single to put runners corners with the Nats down by one (+20.7%).
- Meltdown: Tyler Clippard (-58.1%) can't hold the lead in the ayeth, giving up the tying and go-behind runs.
- BAAAAAAAA: Wilson Ramos (-25.1%) is 0-4, including a 9th-inning backwards K with runners corners (-21.2%). Anthony Rendon (-16.2%) is 1-4, but Ks to end the game with the tying run on third (-15.8%).
So, is HP Ump Jerry Meals a bum, or what?
Well, his zone was a bit tight most of the night:
However, he seems to have expanded his zone quite a bit on a few pitches... for the Fillies. Hmm, what pitches were those?
"I'm missing Matlock! Everything is a strike!"