Davis, 27, was acquired from the San Diego Padres in a March 2011 trade for infielder Alberto Gonzalez. The right-hander was (3-7) with 15 saves for the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs in 2013, posting a 3.10 ERA and a 3.28 FIP in 52 1/3 IP in which he walked 20 (3.40 BB/9) and K'd 54 (9.29 K/9).
FBB's Recommended Reading:
Davis debuted in the majors on June 2nd last summer and threw a total of 8 2/3 IP for the Nationals, putting up a 3.12 ERA, a 0.62 FIP, a walk (1.04 BB/9) and 12 Ks (12.46 K/9) in a short stint working out of the Nats' bullpen in June and September.
According to reports from Viera, Florida today, where pitchers and catchers reported for the start of Spring Training, Davis experienced discomfort in his elbow upon starting his throwing program this winter.
As NatsInsider.com's Mark Zuckerman wrote, when Davis threw for the first time this Spring yesterday, the pain returned and he was shut down. GM Mike Rizzo told reporters that Davis faces 6-8 weeks of recovery.
- Nationals Acquire Jose Lobaton, Felipe Rivero And Drew Vettleson From Rays For Nathan Karns
- Nationals To Acquire Catcher Jose Lobaton From Rays For Nathan Karns
- Nationals Spring Training 2014: Pitchers And Catchers Report - Starting Pitchers
- Nationals And Rays Still Talking Jose Lobaton? Nathan Karns?
- Nationals' Fifth Starter Battle Update: A.J. Burnett Signs With Phillies