Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Wolf-bit: Stephen Strasburg (-5.3% pitching, +1.5% hitting) goes 6 IP with 5 Ks and 1 BB... and 3 R (0 ER) from a first-inning, two-out bomb that came 3 pitches after a dropped foul fly (-24.3%). He has a sac bunt and walk at the plate.
- Junk-timer: Tyler Moore (+2.4%) hits a leadoff homer in the 3rd to get the Nats on the board (+8.3%).
- Keeping it close: Jerry Blevins (+6.0%) juuuuust manages to earn a shutdown by getting the last two outs in the 7th after coming in with a runner on 2nd.
- Small-baller: Denard Span (+15.2%) gets the Nats within one with an RBI groundout in the 5th (-1.5%), hits a leadoff double in the aeyth (+14.8%) then steals 3rd (+7.9%) to set up the tying run.
- BeardbeardbeardGOATEE: Anthony Rendon () drives in Span for the tying RBI (+9.2%). Jayson Werth (+19.8%) follows THAT with a double (+9.9%), then Adam LaRoche (-1.8%) dutifully delivers the go-ahead RBI single (+16.5%). Ian Desmond () doubles in another run to put the Nats up by two (+10.6%).
- Man of decision: Rafael Soriano (+8.9%) walks the first better, but gets a runner-interference double play to clean it up, followed by an easy foul pop for the shutdown.