Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not bad for AA: Blake Treinen (-8.9%) gets through 5.2 IP, struggling with a bad call that ended up costing a run with 4 Ks, 5 BBs, and a run-scoring HBP.
- Your one hitter: Ian Desmond (+16.3%) cranks a game-tying solo shot (+14.8%) to lead off the 4th.
- Steady(ish): Aaron Barrett (+7.3%) records 4 outs with 1 K and 1 BB, giving up no runs to earn a shutdown.
- Pinch not-clutch (if that existed): Kevin Frandsen is unsuccessful at more than infield defense with a pinch-hit GDP to end the 7th (-9.5%).
- Keep trotting him out, Matt: Ross Detwiler (-5.7%) somehow doesn't get a meltdown for giving up an insurance run in the aeyth.
- Pinch choke: Scott Hairston pops out to leave 'em loaded in the aeyth (-17.4%). Let's hope this isn't a repeatable skill.
- Steady lack of success: Anthony Rendon (-19.3%) is 0-5 with with 3 LOB. I know, it was a good play to rob him in the 9th, but moral victories don't count for runs, do they?
Tim Welke needs some glasses. Or to stop taking bribes.
Hmmm, Nats zone kinda small. Other guys' zone, kinda not so small.