Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Try to pitch better: Stephen Strasburg (+2.1%) gives up an insurmountable 2 ER in 6.2 IP with 5 Ks and a walk. He's 0-1 at the plate with 2 walks and a botched sac bunt (+4.3% hitting overall).
- Token offense: Jayson Werth (+6.2%) doubles in a run in the first for some fleeting hope (+12.0%).
- Harper to CF? Denard Span (-24.1%) is 0-4 with 4 LOB and a GDP, including a bases-loaded, inning-ending groundout when it was still tied (-11.9%).
- Superfluous meltdown: Drew Storen (-14.4%) takes a while to get the last out in the 7th, loading the bases with a HBP, walking in a run, then cashing in a second runner on a swinging bunt.
- Failure up the middle: Ian Desmond (-13.5%) and Danny Espinosa (-12.2%) combine to go 0-8 with 4 LOB and a GDP.
Today's WPA brought to you by confrontation:
(I had forgotten how good this song is. Thanks, Youtube!)