Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not so promising: Gio Gonzalez (-27.2%) struggles in his first outing back, giving up 4 ER in 5 IP with 6 Ks and 3 walks.
- He's no Stammen: Ross Detwiler (-10.4%) melts down in relief, pitching a scoreless 6th but only getting two outs in the 7th before leaving with the bases loaded and letting in a run on a WP (-11.5%) with 2 Ks, 2 walks, and a HBP.
- Choices: Denard Span (+14.9%) is 2-4 with a walk, 2 SB, and a two-out, RBI double in the 6th, although he gets himself thrown out trying to stretch it into a triple (+8.0%). Danny Espinosa (+7.9%) is 2-3 with a walk and a pair of bunt hits.
- Stat-padder: Anthony Rendon (+15.5%) is 2-5 with a meaningless solo shot into the Red Porch seats to lead off the 7th (+14.5%).
- Bearded corners: Adam LaRoche (+19.2%) is 2-3 with a 7th-inning single to put him and Werth on 1st/3rd (+19.9%) and set up the tying run.
- Other valuable not-scoring: Ian Desmond (+14.5%) is 2-4 with a 7th-inning double to put runners 2nd/3rd and set up the go-ahead run (+14.8%).
- I was never worried: Tyler Clippard (+11.4%) gets a shutdown with a 1-2-3 ayeth, inlcuding a K. Rafael Soriano (+15.1%) allows a hit but earns a shutdown with a scoreless 9th, including 2 Ks.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the healing power of indie-pop, live from your cousin's basement: