Vine: noun - "A short video, usually 5 to 10 seconds long of compiled clips of random stuff. They are frequently posted on social websites such as facebook, twitter etc."
We were early adopters of the Vine app, (our videos have "looped" 222,534 times apparently), doing what we could to use it to capture whatever interesting images, sequences or shareable content we could that is related to the Washington Nationals. Here are the Top 10 FBB vines from the so-called "first-half" of the Nats' 2014 campaign.
[ed. note - "Yes, we'll warn beforehand, we are in fact obsessed with Stephen Strasburg's changeups."]
10. Stephen Strasburg vs Cardinals' 1B Scott Moore from Spring training:
9. Bob Carpenter, in a "bomber jacket" piloting the good ship MASN:
8.Bryce Harper not running out a grounder to the mound, launching a thousand blog posts:
7.Kevin Frandsen in Minute Maid Park makes a ridiculous behind-the-back play off the outfield wall:
6.Strasburg's changeup is magic, just ask Chase Utley:
5.Mets' CF Juan Lagares reaches up to rob Jayson Werth of a HR:
4. Tyler Clippard's misfires:
3. Sasquatch Sighting:
2. Wilson Ramos takes a 5-ball walk:
1. Jose Lobaton's mask saves his face:
• Didn't make the Top 10, but...
5. Anthony Rendon shows off range:
4. Ian Desmond = +Range, +Arm:
3. This gentleman does not appear to like Dan Kolko:
2. Adam LaRoche's doppleganger:
1. Like a hole-in-one in golf, this should never happen:
Surely there will be more to come in the second half...