Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Quality tightrope-walking: Jordan Zimmermann (+35.5%) does some heavy lifting, getting through 6 scoreless with 5 Ks, despite 7 hits and a walk. Enjoy your no-decision!
- The big early blow: Jayson Werth (-3.4%) hits an RBI groundout to put the Nats up 1-0 in the first (+2.6%).
- Fail: Drew Storen (-19.8%) melts down in the 7th, loading the bases and giving up a game-tying sac fly (+0.3%) before exiting with only two outs and two still on.
- Finger in the levee: Jerry Blevins (+7.4%) earns a shutdown by getting the last out in the 7th to keep it tied.
- You're killing me, man: Tyler Clippard (+10.1%) gets into and out of a 2nd/3rd, one-out jam to keep it tied in the aeyth and earn a shutdown. He threw Splitty for a strike!
- Rally: Denard Span (+15.3%) beats a good throw and a challenge for a hustle double to lead off the aeyth (+13.7%). Ryan Zimmerman (+21.5%) comes through two outs and an intentional walk later with the go-ahead RBI hit (+26.3%).
- I was never worried: Rafael Soriano (+15.1%) gets a quick 1-2-3 inning to seal the win and record a shutdown.
Today's WPA brought to you by tasty fish: