Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Free passes, ugh! Doug Fister (+18.2%) overcomes 2 walks and a HBP to go 7 IP with 2 ER on 3 Ks.
- #FullMoon: Jayson Werth (+14.1%) is 2-3 with a walk, an RBI double in the first to put the Nats on the board (+9.5%) and some pure junk-time stat-padding with a 6th-inning solo bomb deep into the stands in LF (+5.5%).
- Beardy: Adam LaRoche (+7.6%) is 1-3 with an RBI single to put the Nats up by 2 in the 1st (+7.4%) and a sac fly to tack on in the 5th (+1.3%).
- #HornsUp: Wilson Ramos (+8.1%) lines a solo shot over the wall in LF for the game-winning tally (+9.7%).
- More stat-padding: Ian Desmond (+5.8%) hits one out the other way to put the Nats up by two in the 4th (+9.3%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by a break from the heat: