@ Milwaukee Brewers
Thursday, Jul 30, 2009, 2:05 PM EDT
J.D. Martin vs Yovani Gallardo
Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.
?'s For The DC Faithful...
• A Split Or A Series Win?
• Can Dunn Play Today? Please?
• Is Josh Willingham Really Suddenly Untouchable?
• Did The Brewers Finally Wake Up Last Night?
• Am I Listening To Nick Johnson Play For DC For The Last Time?
DC Starting Lineup...(courtesy of Washington Post writer Chico Harlan)
- Nyjer Morgan - CF
- Alberto "Two-Spot" Gonzalez - SS
- THE KIDS CALL HIM ZIM!! - 3B
- Adam Dunn - LF
- The Hammer - RF
- Nick "Six-Spot" Johnson - 1B
- Wil "Blocker" Nieves - C
- Anderson "Elvis" Hernandez - 2B
- J.D. Martin - SP
Complete Coverage >
#49 / Pitcher / Milwaukee Brewers
Feb 27, 1986
'09 Stats - (9-7, 3.09 ERA), 20 GS, 128.0 IP, 97 H, 45 R, 44 ER, 14 HR, 63 BB, 136 K's, 1.25 WHIP, ERA+ = 136, 4.4 BB/9, 9.6 K/9, 2.16 K/BB, .206 BAA.
vs DC - (0-0, 0.00 ERA), 1 G, 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K's, 0.50 WHIP, .143 BAA.
Origin Story - Milwaukee Brewers' 2nd Round pick, 46th overall in 2004.
#60 / Pitcher / Washington Nationals
Jan 02, 1983
'09 Stats - (0-1, 7.50 ERA), 2 GS, 6.0 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1.83 WHIP, .385 BAA.
vs MIL - N/A
Origin Story - Cleveland Indians' 1st Round pick, 35th overall in 2001. 12/13/08 - Signed Minor League deal with Washington.
LINKS AND LINKS AND...
• Riggleman: Nats unlikely to make trade - Washington Times - Ben Goessling
"...if Riggleman's hunch is right, the Nationals' roster won't look much different after the deadline."
• "Riggleman Would Like To Keep Players In Place" - washingtonpost.com - Chico Harlan
As the trading deadline approaches, Nats interim manager Jim Riggleman would like to see the team's core remain intact.
• Rockies Looking To Add Another Left-Handed Reliever - MLB Daily Dish - Matt Buggenhagen
Rockies Looking To Add Another Left-Handed Reliever...Joe Beimel?
• MLB trade deadline buzz: Thursday's edition - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN
"The team had interest in the Nationals' Joe Beimel and Pirates' John Grabow, but in both cases the asking price was Class AAA second baseman Eric Young Jr...."
• Beimel focused on effort, not rumor mill | nationals.com: News - Bill Ladson
"...Nationals reliever Joe Beimel hasn't ruled out being traded to a contender. His name has been linked to teams such as the Cubs and Rockies."
• Washington Post - D.C. Sports Bog - "Morning Bog: Willingman Makes Colbert Report" - Dan Steinberg
Josh Willingham makes the Colbert Report, D.C. Sports Bog's Dan Steinberg has the video...
• ESPN.com Buster Olney Blog - "The biggest holes for trades to fill"
"The Nationals might be standing pat at the deadline. Fair or not, the perception within the industry is that the Nationals waited too long and missed their window to deal Nick Johnson and get some value in return."
For A Brewers Fan's Perspective, Check Out The SBN's Milwaukee Brewers Blog:
Who's Watching The Nationals?