@ St. Louis Cardinals
Saturday, Aug 29, 2009, 7:15 PM EDT
Craig Stammen vs Mitchell Boggs
Clear. Winds blowing from left to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.
?'s For The DC Faithful...
• Did Everyone Get A Good Picture Of Pujols Posing After His Walk-Off?
• Was Riggleman Showing Faith In Lannan Or A Lack Of Faith In The Bullpen?
• Has Elijah Dukes Played A Better Game All Year Before Last Night's Effort?
• Am I The Only One Who Was Impressed By Pete Orr's Effort? (But #24 Orr? Too Soon!!)
• Does Stammen Have It In Him To Remind Pujols Not To Pose?
DC Starting Lineup...
Complete Coverage >
Today's Starting Pitchers Are Going To Stare At You Now...
#35 / Pitcher / Washington Nationals
Mar 09, 1984
'09 Stats - (4-6, 5.08 ERA), 18 GS, 1 CG, 101.0 IP, 108 H, 61 R, 57 ER, 13 HR, 20 BB, 44 K's, 1.27 WHIP, ERA+ = 85, 1.8 BB/9, 3.9 K/9, 2.20 K/BB, .273 BAA.
vs St. Louis - N/A
Origin Story - Washington Nationals' 12th Round pick, 354th overall in 2005.
#41 / Pitcher / St. Louis Cardinals
Feb 15, 1984
'09 Stats - (1-2, 4.58 ERA) 8 G, 7 GS, 37.1 IP, 52 H, 20 R, 19 ER, 1 HR, 23 BB, 34 K's, 2.01 WHIP, ERA+ = 92, 5.5 BB/9, 8.2 K/9, 1.48 K/BB, .340 BAA.
vs DC - (0-0, 6.00 ERA), 1 GS, 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 9 K's, 1.33 WHIP, .261 BAA.
Origin Story - St. Louis Cardinals' 5th Round pick, 170th overall in 2005.
• Baseball Prospectus | Future Shock: Fixing What Ain't Broke - Kevin Goldstein
"Between the Stephen Strasburg factor, prime-time coverage on the MLB Network, and just a general growth in interest, the 2009 draft was quite easily the most publicized baseball draft ever. As such, the August 15th signing deadline received the most publicity ever, and more people were exposed to a system quite unlike what those familiar with football and basketball's talent procurement systems expect."
• Boggs looks to log innings, not miles | stlcardinals.com: News - Matthew Leach
"Boggs hasn't always pitched well this year, but he's handled himself very well. Despite bouncing back and forth between Triple-A Memphis and St. Louis all year, he's never complained. And, at times, he's pitched very well."
• Riggleman hopes to stick - STLtoday.com - Rick Hummel
La Russa on Riggleman: "I really enjoyed him as a teammate in '77, which was the last year I attempted to play," said La Russa. "He loved the game and ... he's a product of the Cardinals' system and you know he learned a lot of things. And I don't think he got enough credit for what he did with the Cubs.
• Pujols ends game with fireworks - STLtoday.com - Rick Hummel
"There were at least four standing ovations of note Friday night at Busch Stadium..."
• Riggleman: I asked Morgan to alter slide - Washington Times - Mark Zuckerman
"If Jim Riggleman had his druthers, Nyjer Morgan never would have slid headfirst into third base Thursday afternoon and thus never would have suffered a season-ending hand injury..."
For A Cardinals Fan's Perspective, Check Out the SB Nation's St. Louis Cardinals Blog:
Michael Wilbon Says: "WAY TO GO NATS!!!