If you want to go and buy that Washington Nationals name and number t-shirt with Chien-Ming Wang's surname on the back, MLB.com's Bill Ladson says that you should feel free to go ahead and do so now as Mr. Ladson just made the following announcement via his Twitter feed:
"The #Nats have agreed to terms with right-hander Chien-Ming Wang. The #Nats have not confirmed the agreement."
The 29-year-old former New York Yankees' starter is recovering from shoulder surgery and is not expected to pitch for at least the first two months of the season, but that didn't stop Washington from adding the kind of pitcher DC GM Mike Rizzo, whose fondness for hard-throwing sinker-ballers is well-established, must dream about. The Nationals have been pursuing Wang for several weeks, and after a workout last week in front of the LA Dodgers, who were thought to be the only other team still interested, Washington emerged as the front-runner in the pursuit of the two-time 19-game winner from Tainin, Taiwain. Today they apparently signed the second starter they've been pursuing all winter...
Is The RZO finally done building for the 2010 season?
• More news when it's available...LINKS to the story as it's developed after the JUMP:
• LINKS and LINKS on WANG, Chien-Ming Wang:
• Natsstats - Ground Ball/Fly Ball - What Pitcher is best for the Nats? - Federal Baseball
Can Chien-Ming Wang be successful with the Nats infield defense? A look at the numbers may prove surprising.
• Washington Nationals: Latest On Chien-Ming Wang... - Federal Baseball
• Washington Nationals: Chien-Ming Wang Chooses Nationals? (Updated) - Federal Baseball
• Washington Nationals: Chien-Ming Wang To DC? - Federal Baseball - Ed Chigliak