Tonight's Top 5:
5. "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-R-S-E!!!!" - souldrummer: After Washington's right-hander Craig Stammen gives up a one-out triple and RBI sac fly in the Brewers' first, Nats' slugger Adam Dunn gets hit by Brewers' left-hander Chris Narveson and takes second on a hard-hit line drive single to left by Josh Willingham. Two men on for today's right-fielder Michael Morse, who goes down for an 81 mph first pitch change...GONE!! 3-run HR to left. 3-1 Nationals...
4. MOAR MORSE!!!!: Ryan Zimmerman knocks Guzman in from second in the third to put Washington up 4-1 and the Nats' fourth starts with Michael Morse doing something he's never done before in his major league career. It's a 3-1 pitch this time, but the same result, Milwaukee lefty Chris Narveson gets behind Michael Morse and throws a 3-1 change outside to Morse who sends it over Carlos Gomez's head in center and out of the yard!! Morse's second HR gives him 4 RBI's in his first two at bats and makes it 5-1 Nats after four...
3. Pudge Or The Bone Chips?: Stammen surrenders a run in the first, then just a single over the next three scoreless innings pitched. Stammen gives up just one run through four, but gets in trouble with two out in the fifth. Alcides Escobar sends a grounder up the middle that Nats' SS Ian Desmond gets to, but Desi bounces the throw and Dunn can't pick it. Escobar takes second without a throw with the pitcher up, (Just hold the runners, Dunn?) and Narveson drives in a run with a single to center to pull the Brewers within three at 5-2 and then 5-3 when Jim Edmonds drives Narveson in. Stammen gets Ryan Braun swinging to get out of the inning before ending his night. Stammen's Line: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K's, 90 pitches, 54 strikes, 5 groundouts, 4 flyouts...
2. Clippard Broken, Burnett Gives Up Bomb: The Nationals were still ahead by two when Tyler Clippard took over, and the right-hander, who's shown signs of wear after a starting strong this season (uh, in the bullpen), gives up a one-out walk to Casey McGehee when he misses with a full-count fastball. One out later Carlos Gomez flies to right on a liner that gets by Nyjer Morgan allowing the one-out walk to score before Gomez himself comes in on the Alcides Escobar RBI double that follows...5-4 Nats...and 5-5. Sean Burnett gets the final out of the sixth and comes back for the seventh, walking Rickie Weeks, a right-hander, and Burnett is left in to pitch to the Brewers' left-handed hitting outfielder Jim Edmonds in spite of the fact that lefties are hitting .302/.373/.415 against Burnett. Edmonds gets a 1-2 fastball up high and drives it to right and over the wall for a 7-5 Brewers' lead...and only the second HR hit off Burnett this season, both by lefties...
1. No Win Streak For You: After taking two-straight from Cincinnati to earn a split in Great American Ball Park, the Nats had a chance for their fourth three-game win streak this season, but they blow it in what is reportedly Milwaukee's biggest comeback win of the year...The Nats gets just two hits after Mike Morse's second HR, with Pudge Rodriguez singling immediately after Morse's second blast and Adam Dunn doubling to center with two out in the eighth. That's it. 2 H, 1 BB 2 ER allowed by both Clippard and Burnett. Stammen not being able to make it through the fifth doesn't help...
• Miss The Game? The DC Faithful Were Watching...
|Num||Name - Comments|
|1||souldrummer - 142|
|2||RobBobS - 67|
|3||brook - 42|
|4||Doghouse - 37|
|5||grizzy - 37|
|6||MissB - 32|
|7||RoscoeNats - 25|
|8||plebescite - 24|
|9||bluelineswinger - 22|
|10||rachel216 - 21|
• Final Score:Brewers 7, Nats 4.
Nationals now 42-55.
1 - Brewers' left-hander Chris Narveson strikes Nyjer Morgan out for the first out of the game and gets a groundout to Alcides Escobar at short off Cristian Guzman's bat for out no.2. Ryan Zimmerman flies to Corey Hart in right to end the top of the first in Miller Park in Milwaukee...Nats' right-hander Craig Stammen strikes Rickie Weeks out to get the Brewers' leadoff man. Corey Hart lines to right and it gets by Michael Morse allowing Hart to take third. Ryan Braun flies deep enough to center to score Hart from third, 1-0 Brewers. Prince Fielder battles in a 2-2 count but lines out to Adam Dunn at first, 1-0 Milwaukee after one.
2 - Chris Narveson hits Adam Dunn, and Josh Willingham lines a sharp single to left to put two on for Michael Morse. Morse goes deeeeeeeeep to left and GONE!!!! Morse hits his 5th HR of the year on a first-pitch change that Narveson leaves up. 3-1 Nats. Pudge Rodriguez pops out to Weeks at second. Ian Desmond K's swinging ahead of a change. Stammen goes down swinging too...Casey McGehee starts the Brewers' second with a lineout to second. Guzman catches the first out. Jonathan Lucroy pops out to Guzman and Carlos Gomez sends the Nats' second baseman out to short right to catch the final out of the frame.
3 - Nyjer Morgan tries to bunt his way on but Narveson makes a nice play, scooping it up and tossing to Fielder with his glove in one motion. One down. Cristian Guzman lines to left for a one out double that almost gets by Ryan Braun. Ryan Zimmerman singles to center to score Guzman and the Brewers' center fielder Carlos Gomez's wild throw home gives Zim second. 4-1 Nats. Adam Dunn grounds out to McGehee at third. Josh Willingham with two down and Dunn on second. Hammer flies out to center...Alcides Escobar drops a leadoff single into left. Narveson bunts to a charging Zimmerman who takes the out at first. Rickie Weeks grounds out to Stammen on the mound. Corey Hart. Jim Edmonds up with two down. Edmonds goes down swinging over a 2-2 changeup from Stammen.
4 - Michael Morse gets a 3-1 fastball from Narveson and he sends it out to deeeeeep center, solo blast, 5-1 Nationals. Pudge Rodriguez singles to left off Narveson. Ian Desmond K's swinging for the second time. Craig Stammen's groundout moves Pudge up and Nyjer Morgan's fly ball to left ends the Nats' fourth...Ryan Braun grounds out to Zimmerman at third. Prince Fielder grounds out to Dunn and so does McGehee. 5-1 Nats after four.
5 - Cristian Guzman's robbed on a line drive destined for right, Weeks with the leaping catch. Ryan Zimmerman lines out to Carlos Gomez in center. Adam Dunn flies out to Ryan Braun in left to end the Nats' fifth...Jonathan Lucroy flies out to Morse in right. Carlos Gomez gives Nyjer Morgan something to catch. Alcides Escobar reaches safely on a grounder to second when Desmond bounces the throw and Dunn can't pick it. Escobar takes second with Narveson up. Stammen gives up an RBI single to the opposing pitcher to make it 5-2 Nats. Rickie Weeks walks with two down. Jim Edmonds sends a soft liner to short left to score Narveson, 5-3 Nats. Ryan Braun K's swinging to end the fifth.
6 - Josh Willingham K's swinging. Narveson still on the mound. Michael Morse makes his first out of the night on a grounder to short. Pudge Rodriguez grounds out to second, 5-3 Nats in the sixth...Tyler Clippard replaces Stammen and faces Fielder. Swinging K, one down. Clippard walks Casey McGehee. Jonathan Lucroy flies out to Josh Willingham in short left. Two down. Carlos Gomez rips a line drive to center and it gets by Morgan for an RBI triple, McGehee scores, 5-4, and it's 5-5 after Alcides Escobar drives Gomez in with an RBI double off the left field wall. Sean Burnett replaces Clippard. Joe Inglett K's swinging, new ballgame.
7 - Kameron Loe takes over for Milwaukee and strikes out Ian Desmond to start the seventh. Roger Bernadina flies out to Ryan Braun in left. Nyjer Morgan flies to left, Carlos Gomez dives to make a spectacular inning-ending catch...still 5-5...Sean Burnett walks Rickie Weeks to start the Milwaukee seventh. Jim Edmonds gets a fastball up high and launches it to right for a two-run HR and a 7-5 Brewers' lead. Ryan Braun flies out to Bernadina in right. Fielder doubles on a line drive over third. Joel Peralta vs Jonathan Lucroy.
8 - Cristian Guzman grounds out to first. RIckie Weeks sprints back to catch a pop fly from Zimmerman. Loe has two quick outs. Adam Dunn doubles to right-center with two down. Josh Willingham K's swinging over a two-strike sinker from Loe, 7-5 Brewers in the eighth...Carlos Gomez slides headfirst into first but is out on the bunt attempt. Alcides Escobar grounds out to second. Craig Counsill pops out behind second to end the eighth.
9 - John Axford gets a fly ball to center from Willie Harris, one down. Pudge Rodriguez K's swinging through a 96mph 0-2 fastball. Ian Desmond grounds back to the mound to end it. Brewers win, 7-5.