New York Mets
@ Washington Nationals
Sunday, Jul 4, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
Hisanori Takahashi vs Craig Stammen
DC Starting Lineup:
- NMIMH Nyjer Morgan - CF
- The Guzzzz - 2B
- THE KIDS CALL HIM ZIM!! - 3B (Word.)
- THE BIG DOUBLE OFF THE WALL - 1B
- The Hammer Josh Willingham - LF
- Michael "The Code" Morse - RF
- Alberto "The General" Gonzalez - SS
- Wil Nieves - C
- Craig Stammen - SP
Complete Coverage >
• For A New York Mets Fan's Perspective, Check Out The SB Nation's Mets Site: Amazin' Avenue.
• Today's Starting Pitchers Are Going To Stare At You Now:
#35 / Pitcher / Washington Nationals
Mar 09, 1984
'09 Stats - (9-13), 29 G, 159.0 IP, 5.21 ERA, ERA+ = 82, 5.29 FIP, 59 BB (3.34 BB/9), 107 K's (6.06 K/9), 1.43 WHIP.
'10 Stats - (2-2), 13 GS, 5.13 ERA, ERA+ = 80, 4.33 FIP, 18 BB (2.20 BB/9), 35 K's (4.28 K/9), 1.40 WHIP.
vs NYM - (1-2), 4 GS, 5.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K's, 7.20 ERA, 2.00 WHIP, .300 BAA.
#47 / Pitcher / New York Mets
Apr 02, 1975
'09 Stats - (w/ Yomiuri Giants) - (10-6), 25 GS, 144.0 IP, 2.94 ERA, 36 BB (2.25 BB/9), 126 K's (10.13 K/9),
'10 Stats - (6-3), 23 GS, 8.0 GS, 70.0 IP, 4.24 ERA, ERA+ = 95, 4.02 FIP, 28 BB (3.60 BB/9), 63 K's (8.10 K/9), 1.44 WHIP.
vs DC - (0-0), 4 G, 4.1 IP, 2 H, 2 K's, 0.00 ERA, 0.46 WHIP, .133 BAA.
• Nats' Skipper Jim Riggleman On Saturday's Win:
Jim Riggleman: "It was very special. We were down the whole day and kept the game in range. Stras was really battling it out there, and it's really a credit to him to kind of fight himself a little bit with some pitches and keep us in the game...[Strasburg] gave up one run in two separate innings, and that's huge. When you're fighting yourself a little bit and you're able to just put a one up there that's pretty good. So, the win was real special because it was against a very good ballclub, their closer, who's outstanding and just being down, and as much as we've struggled lately, to keep figthing, I'm very proud of our ball players."
• INSIDER's Only: Buster Olney - MLB - The key to beating Washington Nationals phenom Stephen Strasburg - ESPN
"Strasburg has just a handful of innings, and the sample of his work is small. But so far, the difference between what he has accomplished is enormous when he gets ahead in the count with that first pitch."
• NATIONALS NEWS NETWORK - Dave Nichols: "Jordan Zimmermann Takes First Step Toward Return" Photos by Cheryl Nichols.
"Zimmermann, 24, threw two innings for the P-Nats. He allowed two base hits, but did not walk a batter. He struck out two in the appearance. He threw a total of 25 pitches, 16 for strikes."
• Mr. Wilbon? Way To Go Nats!!!
• Who's Watching The Nationals?