- Rusty: Yuneski Maya (-21.3%) settles down in the last part of his outing, but gives up 4 ER in the first two innings of his 5 IP, striking out 3 and walking 2. Far better than Olsen's last start, although he seems to have broken fangraphs.
- No no-no: Willie Harris (+6.7%) breaks up a 5-inning no-hitter by cranking a solo shot to the seats above the out-of-town scoreboard, thanks largely to my noisy jinxing from the upper deck (+6.7%).
- Let Bernie hit the lefties: Ivan Rodriguez (-12.0%) blows the chance to set up a walkoff HR chance for Spinner by hitting into a game-ending GDP (-12.0%).
- Also failing to impress: Adam Dunn (-10.1%) is 0-4 with 2 LOB, while Nyjer Morgan (-9.5%) is 0-4 and needs to take more pitches.
- Promising: Ross Detwiler (+4.2%) and Collin Balester (+2.8%) dominate in relief, each throwing 2 scoreless with 2 and 3 Ks, respectively, and no walks.
Game 139: I forgot my wife's lucky hat