Though it was raining all morning in Viera, Florida, the most recent reports say that this afternoon's game between the Washington Nationals and the visiting New York Mets will start on time at 1:05 pm EST live from the Nats' Spring home, Space Coast Stadium:
• Here's the Nats' starting lineup for game 2 of Grapefruit League Action:
- NMISMH - Nyjer Morgan - CF
- Ian "Franking" Desmond - SS
- Jayson Werth - RF
- THE KIDS CALL HIM ZIM!! - 3B (Word.)
- The People's Champion Michael Morse - LF
- Adam LaRoche - DH
- Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez - C
- Danny "Spinner" Espinosa - 2B
- Chris "Footwork" Marrero - 1B
- Mr. National Himself Livan Hernandez - SP
• Riggleman Wants Werth Third:
Ryan Zimmerman's been asked what he thinks about being in the clean-up spot (where he's hit occasionally in the past and he apparently doesn't care where he hits. Zim's batting fourth today with the Nationals' new $126 million dollar right fielder third, as Nats' Skipper Jim Riggleman looks at his options early in Grapefruit League action. With concerns about Nyjer Morgan and Ian Desmond's OBP numbers, Riggleman told reporters this morning including Washington Post writer Adam Kilgore, who quoted the Nats' manager in an article entitled, "Jim Riggleman 'leaning' toward hitting Jayson Werth third, Ryan Zimmerman fourth", that batting Werth third, will put, "...a high on-base percentage guy in front of Zim," which will hopefully result in the Nats having, "some men on base when Zim comes up," Riggleman said.
• LaRoche Is Fine: Adam LaRoche is the DH today, and he reports that he's feeling "shoulder soreness" according to Twitter reports this morning, but if it were a regular season game, the Nats' new first baseman says he'd definitely be available. With LaRoche just hitting, Chris Marrero, the Washington Nationals' '06 1st Round pick is playing first which provides Nats fans with a look at one possible future infield alignment with Zim at third, Desi at short, Spinner at second and Marrero doing the picking at first.
• We'll follow along the best we can...Who's not watching the Nationals? Mr. National's regression starts....RIGHT NOW...Just kidding, Livan is teh Majik!!...