- Coulda been worse: John Lannan (-10.3%) incurs the wrath of the BABIP gods to the tune of 8 singles in 2 innings, but he still manages to keep the damage to 3 ER over 5 IP, thanks to 3 Ks and only 1 BB.
- ¡VAMOS! Wilson Ramos (+29.2%) is 3-3 with a walk and a two-run shot for the early lead (+20.3%)
- Here to save the day: Craig Stammen (+19.3%) throws two scoreless innings in relief.
- Record-breaker: Danny Espinosa (+26.0%) gets his 21st bomb (a two-run, go-ahead shot for +30.4% WPA) and his 19th HBP.
- Ugly runs still count: Rick Ankiel (+1.0%) screws up a sac bunt, but an error on the play scores a run and puts runners 2nd/3rd (+10.5%).