- One mistake: Edwin Jackson (-7.3%) gives up 3 ER over 5 IP with 6 Ks and 2 BBs, giving up a game-tying, two-run shot in the 4th (-24.7%).
- Bad timing: Jayson Werth (-22.1%) is stranded after hitting a bases-empty triple and, in turn, strands 5 in the rest of his ABs--including a two-on GDP to end the 7th (-14.7%).
- Long: Tom Gorzelanny (+18.4%) gets 8 scoreless outs in relief, in spite of 3 walks.
- Not enough: Ryan Zimmerman (+18.6%) is 2-4 with a walk, while Adam Laroche (+7.3%) is 2-3 with a walk, but gets called out stretching a single on a terrible missed call.
- Goat: Henry Rodriguez (-28.9%) can't figure out the ump's floating strike zone, walking one and then making an error on a sac bunt (-21.8%) to set up the loss.
Game 4: Bad Nats, Worse Umpiring