- Ded eyez, live arm: Jordan Zimmermann (+25.5%) fans 6 and walks 1 over 6 shut-out innings.
- Are the "where's the power" jokes getting old yet? Ryan Zimmerman (+15.8%) is 3-4 with a two-run jack off the sculpture-thingy in the OF to put the Nats up by 3 in the 3rd (+17.8%).
- Back to the DL? Henry Rodriguez (-7.4%) has a minor meltdown in relief, giving up 2 walks, 2 SB, and a run while only recording one out.
- "Least like James Brown" award: Michael Gonzalez (+7.4%) defuses Hot-Rod's mess with a one-pitch shutdown, ending the inning on a slick 2-3 LDP.
- Also noteworthy: Ian Desmond (+9.5%) is 2-4 with an RBI single for the early lead (+8.1%), while Adam LaRoche (+8.5%) is 3-4.