Tonight's game story: Nats take 2 of 3, lead NL East by 6.
- Not so dominant: Ross Detwiler (-9.0%) gives up 2 ER in 5.1 IP, fanning 4 and walking 1 (the opposing pitcher, who came around to score...).
- Not so clutch (if that existed): Ian Desmond (-35.2%) has 6 LOB, ending the 6th on a bases-loaded groundout (-11.7%) and the 8th on a two-on GDP (-23.4%).
- Not so beastly (but still useful): Michael Morse (+11.5%) is 1-3 with a walk and an 8th-inning RBI single to get the Nats within one (+9.2%).
- Not so bad: Craig Stammen (+10.8%) comes in to a runners-corners, one-out jam and goes for 5 scoreless outs to keep it close and earn a shutdown.
- Not so good: Tom Gorzelanny (-11.0%) throws 2 innings in relief, giving up 3 runs in the 9th to put the game out of reach and earn a meltdown.