Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Harenish: Ross Detwiler (-30.4%) only makes through 3.2 IP on a hail of bloops and seeing-eye singles (plus a couple of solo shots), getting tagged for 7 ER with 3 Ks and a walk.
- Clown clutch*: Ryan Zimmerman (+5.5%) hits a two-run single-plus-error in the aeyth to get the Nats within 3 (+4.7%).
- Catcher clutch*: Jhonatan Solano (+17.0%) has a two-run, pinch-hit double in the ayeth to get the Nats within 1.
- Not clutch*: Ian Desmond (-11.2%) is 1-4 with a walk, but strikes out with the tying run in scoring position to end the aeyth (-9.6%).
- Unappreciated by WPA: Ian Krol (+0.8%) racks up six straight outs in relief, with 4 Ks. Fernando Abad (+3.3%) strikes out 2 in his own scoreless inning of relief.
*If clutch existed.