Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- What is this run support I don't even? Gio Gonzalez (+18.5%) fans 4 and walks 1 in 6.1 IP, giving up only 2 ER (one cashed in by a reliever). This time it's actually even for a curly W.
- More than a fielding: Denard Span (+15.4%) is 1-5 with an RBI single for the first of many 3rd-inning runs (+10.3%), as well as a two-out, run-scoring ROE in the aeyth for some crucially heartburn-reducing insurance (+3.3%).
- Yeah, yeah, I'll get to the apology article Real Soon™: Adam LaRoche (+9.0%) is 3-4 with a graceful, effortless fly out to the track in left center in the 3rd that somehow majestically floats over the bullpen wall for a three-run dinger (+11.5%).
- I thought the Super Moon was yesterday: Jayson Werth (+9.8%) is 2-2 with 2 walks, a double, and a RBI single in the 3rd (+6.8%).
- Interesting, but not WPA-wise: The bullpen goes 2.2 IP, collectively giving up 5 hits, a walk, and 2 ER (plus an inherited runner and an unearned run), while fanning 1, for a total of +1.5% WPA. Ian Desmond (-3.3%) knocks in the game-winning tally with a 5th-inning sac fly worth 0.0% WPA!