Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- More nudging the zone than pounding it: Jordan Zimmermann (+38.2%) walks 4 while fanning 5 in 6 innings--6 scoreless innings.
- Who gave him that splitter? Ryan Mattheus (+6.2%) seems to have healed up just fine, throwing a shutdown 7th with a strikeout and two groundouts.
- Gain some WPA, lose some WPA: Ian Desmond (-1.8%) doubles (+7.8%), steals third and scores on an errant throw (+5.2%) to get the Nats on the board in the 3rd. Then he GDPs to end the 6th with the bases loaded (-11.3%).
- Not over: Bryce Harper (+12.7%) hits a solo shot to lead off the 6th (+11.7%). Anthony Rendon (+2.6%) singles in a run with two outs in the 7th (+8.7%).
- Where's the power? Jayson Werth (+10.9%) is 3-4 with a double.
- Pitch it: Rafael Soriano (+6.4%) has a delightfully undramatic 1-2-3 ninth for the shutdown and the save.