Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not dominant: Stephen Strasburg (-8.3%) is lucky to give up only 2 runs in 5 IP on 8 hits, a walk, and only 2 Ks.
- Not quite a meltdown: Craig Stammen (-5.8%) didn't technically melt down in the 7th, but the run he let in ended up being the game-loser.
- Likely power: Bryce Harper (+0.7%) is 2-4 with a monster solo moon shot to left to get the Nats on the board in the 7th (+8.8%).
- Unlikely power: Asdrubal Cabrera (+3.9%) somehow yanks a pitch into the RF bullpen to get the Nats within one two batters later (+13.4%).
- Rather unhelpful: Wilson Ramos (-21.0%) is 0-3 with a walk and a GDP. Ian Desmond (-27.0%) is 0-4 with 5(five!) LOB.
- Canny veterans: Adam LaRoche (+10.7%) is 1-3 with a bases-loading walk in the 6th (+5.3%) and an oppo single to but two on in the 8th (+9.5%). Jayson Werth (-8.6%) is 0-2 with 2 walks.
- [Rizzo points to head]: Jerry Blevins (+9.3%) comes in to clean up a two-out, no-out jam in the 6th, earning a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the nature of baseball:
Note to SBN: Playoffs was totally the best time to reconfigure the article edit panel!