The Washington Nationals announced this morning that they added another reliever to the mix in Viera, FL, signing right-handed reliever Josh Roenicke to a minor league deal with an invitation to Major League Spring Training:
The #Nats have agreed to terms with RHP Josh Roenicke on a Minor League deal with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) February 14, 2014
Roenicke, 31, appeared in 63 games for the Minnesota Twins last season, going (3-1) with a 4.35 ERA, 4.64 FIP, 36 walks (5.23 BB/9) and 45 Ks (6.53 K/9) in 62 IP. Roenicke has pitched for the Cincinnati Reds who drafted him in the 10th Round in 2006, the Blue Jays, Rockies and last season the Twins. In six major league seasons, Roenicke has a 4.17 ERA and a 4.37 FIP in 220 1/3 IP over which he's been worth +0.5 fWAR.
Roenicke is also Ian Desmond's brother-in-law:
- N.L. East Position Rankings: Center Fielders
- Nationals Acquire Catcher Jose Lobaton From Rays: What "They're" Saying...
- Nationals' Reliever Erik Davis Placed On 60-Day DL
- Nationals Acquire Jose Lobaton, Felipe Rivero And Drew Vettleson From Rays For Nathan Karns
- Nationals To Acquire Catcher Jose Lobaton From Rays For Nathan Karns