Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Lookin' acey: Gio Gonzalez (+29.0%) strikes out 7 and walks 1 over 7 IP, giving up a single ER.
- Sparky brings the spark: Anthony Rendon (+7.3%) gets the Nats ahead for a bit with a two-out solo shot in the third (+13.2%).
- Rally! Uh...: Danny Espinosa (+10.5%) reaches on a sac bunt attempt (ruled a FC) when the throw for the lead runner gets dropped, loading the bases with the score tied in the 7th (+10.5%). Nate
McClouthMcLouth promptly Ks (-9.2%), and Josa Lobaton hits into a force at home (-12.3%) for the second out.
- I cheer for this to happen every time: Ian Desmond (+25.8%) scores to put the Nats ahead in the 7th on a bases-loaded, two-out wild pitch, with Spinner following to put the Nats up by two when the throw goes into the dugout (+27.8%).
- Demons faced: Tyler Clippard (-15.0%) melts down in the aeythe, leaving with one out and runners 2nd/3rd. Drew Storen (+21.9%) picks him with two quick outs to preserve the lead and earn a shutdown.
- Beverage index... increasing: Rafael Soriano (+6.6%) walks one but gets a game-ending 1-6-3 GDP for the shutdown and the save.
I'm not gonna lie. I needed some help to get through the end of this game.